Senior Benefits Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Shawmut Design and Construction
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients' specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients' best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle--it's the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
The major purpose of the Senior Benefits Specialist position is to contribute to the design, implementation, analysis and oversight of Shawmut's benefit plans and programs. Reporting to the Manager of Benefits & Compensation, this position will be responsible for providing strong benefit program organization, exploring trends for suggested benefit plan and administration improvements, and effectively communicating with benefit plan participants while maintaining operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
* Customer Service
* Provides excellent customer service while resolving employee questions and issues by interpreting benefit policies, vendor contracts and procedures.
* Problem-solve with benefits brokers and vendors to resolve benefit issues.
* Conduct new hire benefits orientation, and prepare presentation gather census files for annual RFPs/carrier renewals, and other files, as requested.
* Ensure benefit plans are legally compliant and administered according to plan documents.
* Participate in benefit surveys and analyze results to develop program recommendations.
* Program management
* Research and implement non-cash methods plans such as 401K plans, retirement funds, health, and an encompassing package that attracts and helps retain employees
* Provide insight and leadership with creating, implementing and administering various wellness initiatives
* Analyze employee utilization of current benefits to offer solutions that prevent and treat employee health issues, such as obesity, smoking cessation, etc.
* Promote new programs throughout the year, based on utilization and market trends.
* Participate in and provide support for special projects and other responsibilities, including coordinating annual employee events and open-enrollment, as needed.
* Keep informed about Federal and State guidelines, and maintain relationships with insurance companies in order to stay up to date on policies and offer employees the best possible options
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of related experience.
* Preferred Certifications: CEBS, CBP, PHR/SPHR
* Experience: 5+ years administering benefits plans required.
* Strong working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and workers' compensation required
* Proficiency with MS Office and ability to learn new systems
* CMiC and/or BSwift experience a plus .
* Strong demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
* Excellent organization, prioritization and customer service skills to effectively follow-up on complex and detailed work activities; demonstrated focus on excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to work equally well on a team as well as individually
* Ability to interact and consult with senior management
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee and company information
* Motivated, energetic and results-oriented