Senior Benefits Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
* Works closely with key contacts in HR and senior leadership, the functional areas of compensation and benefits, legal, finance, tax and payroll, and manages external vendors and third-party administrators
* Administer all employee benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan) and other voluntary plans and programs
* Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
* Leverage strong project management expertise and experience in the implementation and delivery of benefit and leave plans and programs
* Continually monitor benefit plans for possible design and cost changes. Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
* Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of requiredreporting and fees.
* Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
* Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and reviews quarterly.
* Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff. Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, planexperience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
* Perform planaudits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
* Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
* Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
* Provide excellent customer service support tointernal and external customers. Oversee development of benefits communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits plans and programs.
* Bachelor's degreerequired, preferably in the field of HR, Finance or Accounting; SHRM and/or CEBS certifications preferred
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PPT, Project and Access;experience withHRIS and benefitsdatabases.
* Strong project and team management/leadership skills and experience. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of benefits contractlanguage.
* Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, includingERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section125,workers'compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and SocialSecurityand DOL requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; it would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Minimal travel is expected for this position