Senior Benefits Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Benefits Specialist position is responsible for the administration of H&R Block benefit programs including health and welfare plans, leave administration, wellness programs and retirement plans. Key areas of responsibility include responding to inquiries for a variety of HR and benefits questions, providing accurate day to day administration of benefit plans as assigned, project management, performing audits of benefit enrollment data, and vendor relationships. Provides exceptional customer service by handling manager and associate inquiries, requests, and concerns via phone, email, live chat, and/or written correspondence.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Administers and/or maintains H monitors timelines and deliverables.
* Works with vendors to maintain and administer HR processes. Monitors and maintains vendor relationships; works with vendor to troubleshoot issues and challenges.
* Creates and constantly improves administrative processes.
* Prepares and creates materials for handouts or presentations including Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents.
* Present new associate orientation related to associate benefits.
* Provides guidance, instruction and/or training for newer Specialists. May review work of others for accuracy.
* Works on special projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associates degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Knowledge of health and welfare benefits and retirement plans, including the laws and regulations that ensure legal compliance
* A minimum of five years benefits administration experience
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS or similar HRIS program
* Effective demonstration of the H&R Block _Block Behaviors_ (core competencies)
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
* Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
* Ability to complete projects by deadlines and communicate progress.
* High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled.
* Demonstrated orientation toward quality and client-focused behavior.
* Ability to interpret and apply complex instructions, policies, and regulation.
* Bachelors degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Prior experience in Human Resources or payroll
* Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of MS Access
* Benefits or Human Resources certification (i.e.CEBS, PHR, SPHR)