- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Big Data Engineer
Senior Big Data Engineer
Engineering & ETech
Share | |Email this job
SENIOR BIG DATA ENGINEER *LI
The Advisory Board Company
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Senior Big Data Engineer will be a critical member of Advisory Board s Enterprise Technologies team and will be involved in software development, support and Administration of large Big Data systems and Infrastructure. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical, troubleshooting and communications skills.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Build distributed reactive systems with Scala, Akka, Spray and Spark
- Real-time streaming processing with Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Devise and automate data analysis pipelines for high volume datasets
- Design data models for high performance enterprise scale systems with Cassandra, HBase and other NoSQL data stores
- Orchestrate system deployment with continues integration and containers in cloud environment
- Masters or Bachelor s degree
- 8+ Years of experience in software development of large scale enterprise data systems
- 4+ Years of in depth experience in Software development using Scala or Java/Python/Perl/Shell Scripts
- Excellent understanding of large-data / big-data driven applications
- Experience in designing and implementing data pipelines, data centric applications
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems internals
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in performance developing full stack big data analytics, tuning, capacity planning, security, and storage management of of Hadoop clusters
- Experience in development and administration of Spark, Scala, Tez, Hbase, Redshift clusters
- Experience in troubleshooting Core Java Applications and web analytics systems
- Contributions to open source community
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.