Senior Biotech Scientist or Immunologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe immune-inflammatory modulation of trauma program is a Department of Defense (DoD) major research effort focused on applied translational research aimed at reducing mortality and morbidity of severe combat casualty. Traumatic hemorrhage (TH) represents the leading cause of death from severe traumatic injuries in both military and civilian environments.
Our client, the Joint Inflammation Modulation of Trauma (JIMoT) program is in need of a Senior Biotech Scientist to take a leadership role in their mission. This is an outstanding opportunity to serve and to participate in cutting-edge research while mentoring and offering technical advice to teammates and perform organizational tasks in support of the facility.
• Responsible for planning, overseeing, managing, and ensuring all technical work performed by contractors on a research study, protocol for immune-inflammatory modulation of trauma or project is delivered on time and within budget, following permitting requirements to the Government.
• Establish and maintain a system to manage, validate, document, and present costs, deliverables, sources and schedules for individual projects..
• Prepare/provide scientific/technical input/present Scholarly Reports, protocol reports/plans, manuscripts, presentations materials, and miscellaneous research reports.
• Serve as subject matter expert in immunology and related assays. Maintains a working knowledge of Department of Defense, Air Force, installation and facility medical and clinical research procedures and processes bearing on the scope of responsibilities defined above.
• Handle research information and data in accordance with all local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and protocol requirements. Shall conduct the Project in accordance with the Protocol’s, applicable regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and all other regulations of local, state or federal authorities, and all conditions of approval imposed by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
• Works with limited direction on program assignments; provides technical guidance to project leaders and program managers. Serves as a technical advisor and mentor to other contract staff members.
• MD and/or PhD
• 10 years minimal postdoctoral experience in immune and inflammatory response involved with exsanguination, trauma, and/or ischemia/reperfusion injury utilizing in vivo and in vitro models. Services including, but not limited to: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in compliance with current Industry and Government practices.
• Demonstrated ability to write manuscripts (at least 3 peer review publications in the last 2 years)
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team of researchers
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10499 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf