Senior Brake Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction of a higher level engineer or manager, the primary responsibility of this position is to design, plan, test, and coordinate multiple processes of product development used in automotive suspension design and application.
The primary responsibility of this position includes, but is not limited to:
* Individual will be responsible for coordinating all product development activity between OEM customer and responsible departments within the company.
* Individual will need to comprehend and transfer customer requirements to responsible activities within the company.
* Perform and Facilitate vehicle environment packaging and 2D/3D tolerance studies.
* Responsible for release packaging and 2D/3D to Customer
* Directly communicate and interface with OEM customers for issues regarding the products, including customers related concerns.
* Review and interface with OEM customer for warranty data and initiate and coordinate actions internally to improve quality.
* Conduct and/or support lab testing necessary for related product.
* Support sales staff to develop and establish marketing/pricing strategy.
* Support customer vehicle development work related to foundation brake durability/performance testing.
* Knowledge of TS16949 requirements to support job responsibilities.
Support and facilitate necessary CAD/CAE activity to meet customer requirements
Qualifications (Education, Skills and/or special Knowledge):
The ideal candidate will:
* Possess a bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline)
* Have a minimum of 5-10 years applicable experience in related field
Have working knowledge and experience with APQP program management
Be proficient with
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Microsoft Project
Experience with the following is desired, (not required)
- CAD software (i.e. CATIA V4, V5, UG, Solidworks preferred)
- CAE/FEA software (ie.. ANSYS)
- Math software - Matlab/Simulink,
- Programming Language - Visual Basic, C
- Statistical software ie. Minitab
Have experience tracking and reporting design changes.
Have experience coordinating and facilitating several small projects or one major project.
Experience interfacing with customers is a plus.
Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong/effective verbal and written communication skills. Experience with PCs and the above application software as well as Lotus Notes is also preferred.