Senior Brand Strategist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Purpose of Role
A Senior Strategist is expected to demonstrate exceptional skills at strategic thinking, developing cogent, fact-based storylines and develop and integrate ideas from other teams and simplify the complex.
The primary role of the Senior Strategist is project delivery and leading and owning a broad range of strategic services. This is done through the collection, analysis and translation of data into client ready presentations as well as the development of brand strategy presentations, naming efforts and messaging development. In addition, Senior Strategists are held accountable for working smoothly with client teams and providing responsive client service to both his / her project team and clients. Senior Strategists are also responsible for contributing to Strategist and Analyst coaching and development.
The Senior Strategist is seasoned in all areas of strategy (e.g., research, brand positioning, brand architecture, naming, etc) and should be able to quickly master core industries and geographies of business as needed. A Senior Strategist should exhibit eagerness to learn and grow professionally and proactively seek out growth opportunities. As an important transition and training point to further advancement, the Senior Strategist, under guidance from senior staff, must be able to work directly with clients on strategic requests, actively participate in client meetings and present strategy findings and recommendations in an insightful and professional way. Travel will be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Build a relevant fact-base for all client engagements.
* Contribute strategic thinking and actionable client solutions as well as demonstrate the ability to translate data and analysis into insights and ideas
* Leverage strong analytical and written skills in all work including writing research reports, positioning/messaging decks, briefs and as well as compiling FutureBrand studies
* Develop brand audits with strong initial findings, areas of opportunity and insights
* Coordinate and conduct primary research as well as summarize and assess secondary and client data
* Create logical, clear draft deliverables and obtain timely review of deliverables by lead Strategist.
* Formulate initial positioning directions, messaging guides, naming presentations and other strategy requirements
* Work cooperatively and develop trusted relationships with other functions at FutureBrand, including design, account management, new business, etc.
* Work with senior managers on executive summaries that reflect top-level strategic thinking.
* Represent the firm in a professional manner in all client interactions.
* Build and maintain a great FutureBrand culture.
Skills / Competencies / Traits
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of the broad range of strategic offerings, including: value propositions, brand architecture, positioning, messaging, brand voice, naming, etc.
* Ability to identify key business problems, develop a thorough understanding of client business, competitors, end users, etc. and develop insightful, strategic solutions
* Possess ability to think conceptually and analytically, has ability to logically define information needs, drive facts to findings / insights, understand client organization and issues, help design research plan and analysis, contribute to strategic thinking, and create actionable solutions.
* Demonstrate proficiency in collecting, analyzing and effectively translating data and analysis into client ready presentations data.
* Proficient in business and creative writing and the creation of logical, compelling, clear first draft deliverables.
* Employ principles of project management and has superior organizational skills to facilitate workflow.
* Interested and passionate about branding
* Demonstrate a team player attitude, working effectively with individuals from across the organization to deliver results through collaboration.
* Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write creatively and clearly.
* Expertise in the use of various tools required to complete case work (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.)
* Articulate and vocal in client meetings, and represents the firm in a professional manner in all client interactions.
* Strong attention to detail and professionalism
* Shows initiative and demonstrates ownership of project deliverables
* Works well under pressure
* Bachelors degree
* A minimum of 4 years of related work experience in brand strategy, brand management, corporate branding, digital branding, strategy
* Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research