Senior Brand Strategist
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Sr. Brand Strategist position based in Towson, MD.
* The Sr. Brand Strategist will lead the brand team in strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect the brands of Stanley Black & Decker to specific target audiences and drive brand awareness
* The Sr. Brand Strategist will keep a pulse on the retail environment, benchmark other brands, and come up with big ideas of new creative, yet cost effective marketing initiatives.
* Effectively work cross-functionally and build relationships with a number of internal teams, from product to research and to our channel and retail partners.
* Work with the research team to gain insight into how our user segments experience our brands and create solutions aligning to those segments.
* Assists in the planning and strategy for media and public relation activities in support of commercialization plans.
* Ensure brand projects are tracking to timelines and budgets
* Manage and train junior brand team members as positions become available.
* Ensure compliance of the brand standards and maintain consistency of all communication elements across the marketing based activities.
Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required.
* 5 years in B2B marketing/brand preferred
* Retail/field sales experience, preferably with Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Lowes
* Team or employee management
* Operate within expense budget as specified
* Provide cost analysis/measure of any/all merchandising activities executed
SKILLS SET DESIRED:
* Creative thinker
* Team leader in successfully managing people
* Passionate for shopper marketing trends
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Solid PowerPoint and presentation skills
* Project management skills
* Team player
* Leadership and team building skills
* Excellent financial management skills
* Extreme attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at once.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.