Senior Build Engineer - CI/CD (Big Data team)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SENIOR BUILD ENGINEER - CI/CD (BIG DATA TEAM)
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The Big Data infrastructure that enables this innovation and value is evolving to fully embrace lights-out operations, single-click deploy to tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
Salesforce is building out our Big Data Infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we build, test, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale.
We are looking to add experienced Build/CI/CD Infrastructure Engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
* 3-5+ years of experience in building and maintaining CI CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) pipelines, systems, tools or frameworks.
* 3-5+ years experience in Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Go, or other language
* Experience with dev-ops for automating and improving the build and test infrastructure
* Experience with Linux, Jenkins, GIT, Perforce (or other source control systems)
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
* Any experience with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper or related is a nice to have
* Collaborate with various teams and leaders across the company as well as the open source community.
* Communicate with teams to understand their roadblocks and design solutions to improve their productivity
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.