Senior Business Analyst/Actuarial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160825-8160-VD
Company Name: ISO
Are you a curious problem solver looking for a new challenge* If you are detail oriented, resourceful professional with good communication skills, please read on
As a Senior Analyst in the Data Products Division, you will be responsible for producing and enhancing property and casualty insurance based data products for one or more lines of business. You will also capitalize on the power of ISO databases to develop reports in response to customized data requests.
In this role, you will utilize your technical/computer skills to support new product initiatives involving data and analysis to fulfill insurer information needs. In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will work with cutting-edge technology, i.e., Greenplum Computing Servers, SQL, and data visualization software. You will be tasked with reviewing data for reasonableness and assist in the preparation of promotional materials related to new data products developed by the Data Products division. You must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
You need to collaborate well with others, have excellent communication skills and be comfortable providing feedback. We want someone with creativity, high energy and high standards.
* Become a subject matter expert on one or more lines of property-casualty insurance business
* Produce annual and quarterly scheduled data products and reports
* Supervise team members on projects
* Collaborate with other divisions on data product initiatives
* Interact with customers to develop proof of concepts and customized data products to meet customer needs
* Collaborate with customer liaisons and assist in producing marketing materials and presentations
Our ideal candidate has:
* Graduate or Bachelor's degree with a major in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Risk Management, or related discipline
* 3-6 years of Property-Casualty insurance work experience required: Personal Auto or Commercial Auto preferred
* Strong computer background which includes desktop applications such as MS Excel, MS Word required; SQL, SAS, TSO mainframe, and end-user programming experience required.
* Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
* Background experience in Tableau, Spotfire, COGNOS, or other data visualization software would be advantageous.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
* Must be able to perform essential job duties with reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to work under time constraints, multi-task, and adjust plans in the face of changing priorities.
* Open to applicants interested in pursuing actuarial exams.
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and a generous Paid-Time-Off program.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
A leading source of information about risk, Verisk Analytics provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, Verisk helps customers evaluate and manage risk. The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields. See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
--Applied Actuarial & Analytics/Product Development
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.