Senior Business Analyst 9/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
* Partner with the Business, Corporate and IT teams to translate business and corporate needs into requirements, implementing these needs through strong change management controls and process re-engineering
* Plan, develop, deploy, and support new and existing projects impacting various business systems and processes across multiple locations
* Lead and perform business analysis and modeling activities utilizing structured techniques to interpret and translate business needs into operational and/or system requirements, document business processes, workflow, and business rules.
* Recommend processes improvements and system enhancements resulting from sound analysis of business process and data flows (current state/future state) and other process transformation mediums.
* Leading role in developing user acceptance test plans and procedures for end user testing, ensuring that all tests are conducted and documented according to the standards agreed upon by the business unit and IT
* Promote a high level of collaboration and teamwork with the project team and other teams within an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Identify project risk & mitigation and issues & resolutions throughout the development life cycle
* Driving improved operational efficiency, effectiveness and controls through continuous process change
* Ensuring maximized business and customer value
As the Senior Business Analysis you are responsible for implementing strategic projects to support business growth and sustainability on key products. You must possess a strong sense of project management rigor, leadership, organization and communication with the ability to accommodate frequently changing strategies and decisions-proactively and reactively.
* Manage project plans across all functions. Position requires experience with business process analysis, planning, governance/approvals, change management following Agile methodology and PMBOK practices.
* Create and track project plans, and track implementation success and return
* Conduct regular project track meetings and publish status reports.
* Create and track project risks, issues, and lessons learned.
* External partner communication around plan execution
* Business analysis documentation principles and practices. Extensive knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies as well as business process and information flow
* Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of organization and the leasing industry.