Senior Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Senior Business Analyst will have responsibility for performing detailed analysis, documenting business and functional requirements, and evaluating system impact to ensure the successful delivery and support of various GAF applications. Responsible for completing assigned analyst duties with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously - of varying size and complexity (small, medium or large) in addition to capturing and documenting analysis information for minor system fixes / enhancements.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
* Understanding GAF's applications and the interdependencies with other corporate and external systems
* Gaining extensive knowledge of business processes, issues and data challenges
* Understanding the business needs and requests, identifying solutions, gathering information, and translating business needs to functional specifications that are understandable to business and IT personnel alike
* Responsible for documenting business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, workflow diagrams, interface designs, etc.
* Leverage experience in industry standards and best practice solutions
* Working with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance
* Collaborating with the development team to coordinate the system changes and the Quality Assurance team to ensure appropriate system testing
* Facilitating the UAT process, such as preparing and executing UAT test scripts and working with the business teams to ensure appropriate and adequate system testing is performed.
* Facilitating and leading requirement gathering / JAD sessions. Utilizing multiple methods - interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, etc. to gather requirements
* System Configuration - as necessary analyzing and documenting configuration changes
* Responsible for attaining full knowledge of functional area actively contributing to the overall success of the IT department, active participation in meetings, and regular status updates to management.
60% Conduct requirements elicitation sessions, business reviews and document business and functional requirements. Performing analyst duties in various system environments (web applications, CRM, etc.) and as part of various project implementations (Software development, third party application, Mobile development, Infrastructure, etc.)
20% Collaborate with IT development and QA; facilitate UAT.
10% Provide support for existing applications
5% Provide guidance, review work and provide feedback to other team members
5% Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Very Strong experience / ability in documenting requirements, and performing analysis using various methods to include: business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, swim lane diagrams
* Strong experience in business process design and re-engineering and workflow analysis
* Good modeling capabilities to document use cases / test scenarios, data, processes and events
* Strong knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
* Intermediate knowledge of and execution of SDLC
* Intermediate knowledge of Information Security Awareness
* Good knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools
* Strong understanding of basic web and client / server architectures
* Intermediate experience with ERP applications; PeopleSoft preferred
* Good knowledge of emerging technologies
* Knowledge of SQL query is a plus
* Prior experience with TFS and MS Project Server is a plus
* Good UI design skills is a plus
* Very Strong general business knowledge
* Domain knowledge of the following functional areas: (Marketing, Sales, Sales Admin, Legal, Finance, and Enterprise) is a plus
* Strong ability to influence and drive cross-functional decisions and initiatives
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience
7+ years' experience in systems analysis and design with proven record of successful large scale project implementations
No of direct reports: 0
No of indirect reports: 0
Budget Responsibility: no
Travel Requirements: 5%
1 We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
2 GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
3 Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
4 No search firms please.