Senior Business Development Advisor (2707)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Please Note: This is a 12 Month Assignment Only
The Senior Business Development Advisor is responsible for leading the development strategies for targeting clients, building organizational partnerships and strategic alliances with non-profits, regional organizations, and technology accelerators, and working with client executives from project conceptualization through to construction and implementation. This role reports into the Vice President of Business Development.
The ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker and doer with proven success in the energy conservation, renewable energy, and/or design-build space. We are looking for an industry leader with world-class business acumen, and a demonstrated track record of successfully developing and negotiating sizable contracts in the field, preferably with public sector or government clients. And we want to find a leader eager to make the move to a fast-paced, innovative clean-technology firm with a national footprint, powerful global parent company, and major trajectory for growth.
The following responsibilities are below, and not limited to:
* Develop and take ownership in a Regional Strategy specific to an assigned region
* Lead site evaluations for potential customers
* Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with all levels in an account ranging from Facilities Managers to Chief Business Officers and Financial Director, to Superintendents , City managers and Board/Council Members
* Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner
* Work as part of a cross-functional project development team that includes project finance, operations, legal, marketing and communications to secure new business and ensure delighted customers
* Lead customer meetings, contract negotiations, and present at public Board or Council meetings
* Maintain a revenue and margin quota and robust sales funnel
* Schedule appointments and meetings with customers in order to review and define program opportunities and desired success parameters, and to qualify the opportunity
* Identify and ensure engagement with multiple stakeholders within the customer organization and surrounding community throughout the development process, to determine, define and develop compelling business impact strategies
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree
* 10 years of consultative and/or complex sales experience
* Experience in a quota-driven sales environment, exceeding sales production targets
* Master's Degree
* Experience in energy services and/or renewable energy industry
* Experience working with public sector or governmental agencies
* Experience working with or for engineering, architectural, and/or design-build firms
* Experience in a management consulting or strategy consulting
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, customers, and the general public
* Ability to effectively conduct presentations in public forums, such as City Council or School Board meetings
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
* Interest in sustainability strategies, energy efficiency, and renewable energy and passion to serve others and make a difference
* Demonstrated financial and business acumen
Next Steps: Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please note that your cover letter must thoughtfully and specifically address each of the ideal qualifications described below.
* Outlook on the Energy Industry: What do you think determines whether a clean energy technology company will succeed?
* Measurable Successes: Tell us about your last role, and how you know you excelled. How was that measured?
* Relationship Development: Provide examples of your relationship-building skills and demonstrated ability to connect with a diverse range of key decision-makers through understanding personal and organizational agendas.
* Leadership Ability: Please describe a time when you had to persuade an individual or organization to act. Highlight how you demonstrated your ability to influence decisions, motivate others, and think outside the box. What was your approach and what was the result?
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
This job posting is supported by the ENGIE Recruiting Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the Recruiting team and not to direct ENGIE Managers.