Senior Business Development Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As the Senior Business Development Manager, you need a unique blend of technical and sales - must be passionate about developing new business and knowledgeable about agriculture crop protection. You must be aggressive, highly skilled and will need to:
* Create demand for the company's agriculture crop protection products and services.
* Create and execute strategic and tactical programs to meet or exceed established revenue and profit goals.
* Be an aggressive business developer "hunter" successfully completing the entire consultative sales cycle including identifying and pursuing new agriculture customer opportunities, understanding their needs, creating demand by resolving challenges with the company's products and services, solution based proposals, presentations, demonstrations, closing the sale and following up to ensure optimal crop protection and customer satisfaction and then maintaining/expanding the account with effective programs and product recommendations.
* Maintain meaningful relationships with existing customers to identify additional sales opportunities and also to educate using demonstrations to recommend effective solutions to concerns.
* Train and educate company employees to achieve high performance.
* Collaborate with internal departments including marketing, technical and R&D and participate in responding to technical questions, initiating trials, supporting marketing, developing formulations, participating in research and publications.
* Identify, analyze, forecast and stay ahead of the market including customer needs, trends, business and product opportunities, new uses for products, maximizing existing products, new market/growth opportunities, competitors, and pricing.
* Effective use of technology and CRM to track and provide timely and accurate reports on forecasts, prospects, customers, projects, programs, field activities, training, demonstrations and results with suggested corrective actions when required.
* Participate in external sales and marketing activities to create demand, increase brand awareness and generate qualified leads for sales opportunities including trade shows and events.
* Demonstrate, communicate and promote customer service, best practices, accountability, integrity, ethics, performance, growth, profitability, corporate goals, culture and the value of a workforce.
* Minimum of 5years' successful salesexperience with measurable, aggressive results in the pesticides, agricultural chemicals, crop protection including fruit. A four yeardegree in agriculture or related field and PCA license is preferred.
* A proven successful track record of creating demand, increasing revenue and profits through innovative and effective sales using best practices and use of latest technology.
* Independent yet collaborative, business acumen, self-starter, decisive, creative, organized, ethical, detail oriented, and focused on achieving results.