Senior Business Development Specialist - International Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness--as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill identifying key personnel candidates and recruiting other technical and administrative staff both internationally and locally; meeting with potential clients, partners, and competitors and documenting meeting outcomes; coordinating partnering strategies and securing agreements; and conducting due diligence in the field and mentoring others on managing and participating in capture meetings/visits.
* Facilitate the smooth transition from the capture to proposal stages of business development, ensuring that the Proposal Lead and Proposal Manager and their team have the necessary background and documentation compiled at capture to write a responsive proposal. Act as the Proposal Lead or the Proposal Manager on subset of proposals.
* Write or lead technical proposal sections in collaboration with Division subject matter experts that have less familiarity with proposal writing and/or revise proposals to enhance compliance and competitiveness prior to submission and during Clarifications/FPR stages. Champion the management of key proposals through submission including providing quality control for all sections of assigned proposals and organizing, facilitating and attending relevant proposal strategizing meetings.
* Participating in new business/sales meetings and bid/no-bid decision meetings in support of the Business DevelopmentDirector and the relevant Practice Lead (Ag/Food Security; Climate Change; Monitoring, Evaluation also includes working with Global Business Development Unit (GBDU) and Division management to continually identify and implement BD process improvements.
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
* Bachelordegree and 8 - 10 years of experience the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in business development activities, including recruitment, with a particular focus on USAID clients in the Ag/Food Security technical sector.
* Must have excellent English written and verbal skills and proven expertise in proposal writing.
* French or Spanish language fluency is a plus
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply for this position, please visit the Abt Associates career portal at the link below and complete an application there:
Applications are now being accepted. This position is available for an immediate start.