Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Bob Evans Farms
New Albany, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Bob Evans Farms Information Technology team is looking to welcome a new Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to the family. Come and put your expertise to work while working alongside some of the best and brightest in IT!
The Sr. BI Engineer will provide technology solutions to meet business reporting needs, provide detailed estimations, and translate functional into technical specifications. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be an individual contributor with responsibility for installation, configuration, engineering, and management of data environments that include reporting tools on multiple operating system platforms, languages, and network topologies; have complete understanding and ownership of the reporting solution from design, development, testing and implementation; provide support and troubleshooting for all related systems and technologies; posess strong problem-solving skills to interpret issues and provide resolution; and, coordinate with vendors for escalation of support-related issues.
A HIGH-LEVEL LOOK AT WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS:
* Participates in business requirement gathering meetings with business users to understand all aspects of the business reporting
* Participates in full life cycle projects to understand business requirements and then complete the design, development, testing, implementation and post production support
* Architect and Design of reporting and analytical layer. Works with the Business Analyst and Other team members to define function and technical requirements.
* Assists end users in resolving and identifying system issues by providing application knowledge and technical expertise. Recommend appropriate solutions including risk analysis and work estimates
* Prepares/Produces the analytics standard document, which defines the standards and methods to use when developing the analytical components of the solution along with user training documentation on new systems and functionality
CHARACTERISTICS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Ability to work seamlessly within a team, react quickly to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
* Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize
* Strong capacity for logical thinking with the ability to understand complex applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive knowledge in data modeling, business intelligence, relational database design and knowledge of how to access multiple information sources for analytical purposes and debug ETL jobs
* Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques
WHAT WE HOPE TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME:
* Bachelor s degree and or combination of equivalent education and experience in related fields
* 4+ years hands-on experience providing solution design/development with BI reporting systems (MicroStrategy (preferred), Cognos, Oracle OBIEE, Business Objects)
* 3+ years hands-on experience using databases/warehouse (Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza-Pure Data Systems)
* 5+ years of overall experience in providing BI solutions/development
* Experience with Enterprise Metadata Design, Development, Administration, and Support within the BI Toolset
* Experience with Performance Optimization tuning and techniques
* Hands-on experience with any of the ETL toolsets (IBM Datastage, Informatics. etc.)