Senior Business System Engineer - SAP Basis Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Business Systems Engineer SAP Basis Administration will support the SAP System Team in a technical role while ensuring good collaboration and follow up with our hosting partner. You will act as the focal point for skills & expertise for all system related performance issues. Additionally, you will lead and participate in SAP projects and complex changes such as new implementations, transitions, migrations, upgrades, conversions, etc. As the Senior Business Systems Engineer, you will provide third line business support for SAP and other core systems. This position is based in our Radnor, PA headquarters.
* Work as a close colleague with the SAP Application teams and participate in project teams and international project work.
* Ensure tuning and system optimization of all VWR SAP environments by proposing innovations.
* Monitor the system with regards to job processing, workflows, database selects, etc.
* Keep up to date with SAP releases and other technology advances so that the company can make best use of them as required by the business.
* Maintain SAP as appropriate with Hotpacks / LCPs and release upgrades.
* Input ideas and suggestions, identifying the business areas where changes to business processes or new technology could benefit the company.
Experience & Skills:
* Knowledge of IT systems quality assurance best practices and methodologies
* Experience with several of the following: R/3 system, ERP, BW, SCM-APO, SCM-EWM, Live Cache, CRM, GRC, XI (PI), TREX, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager, Content Server, SAP Gateway, TDMS
* Experience project managing installations and upgrades
* Knowledge of other technologies including Qlikview, LifeRay, Dynatrace a plus
* Ability to undertake general communication and training at all levels
* Must be available during evenings or weekends when required
* Experience with the following technologies:
* Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Virtualization)
* Database (Oracle, MS-SQL Server, Max DB)
* Administration AS ABAP/ AS Java
* Workload Analysis AS ABAP
* SAP System Monitoring (CCMS)
* SAP Network (Services/Flow)
* Central Process Scheduling (CPS)
* E2E Root Cause Analysis and Solution Support
* System Copy: Migration OS/DB, Experience with TDMS
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
* SAP experience of 5 to 10 years
* SAP R/3 basis administration including system back-up/recovery, transport management system and system monitoring, tuning & troubleshooting of SAP systems
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .