Senior Business Systems Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Pacific Gas & Electric
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompanyBased in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we
deliver some of the nation?s cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, ?Together, Building a Better California? is not just a slogan. It?s the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know
that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their
quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer
that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected
veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.Department OverviewThe men and women of Electric Operations ensure the
delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management,
business planning, restoration and emergency response.Position SummaryFunctions as a liaison to IT from the line of business, representing the
end users and business process owners in business system requirements,
support. Defines user system requirements, provides
user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and
gathers users feedbacks. Performs feasibility analysis, develops project
scope, and provides recommendations on alternative
strategy and deliverable prioritization.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems,
etc. or equivalent work
* 4 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering
* Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
* Continuous education in IT or business specific areas.
* Travel to other
facilities for routine meetings about 30%-40%
Advanced degree is a plus.
* 5+ years of job related experience in Business Analysis, which may
include or be in addition to 5+
years of experience in Information
* Working experience with the corresponding Line of Business.
* Extensive participation in projects of high complexity.
* Leadership role in projects of medium complexity.
* Very knowledgeable about the business requirements process.
* Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong understanding of the utility business and several functional areas of the related Line of Business.
Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels.
* Ability to create supplemental materials such as Request for Change (RFC), User Manuals, Disaster Recovery Procedures, etc.
* Demonstrates strong understanding of the impact(s) of
technical changes to the collective business processes across functional units.
* Demonstrates seasoned, experienced-based judgment in applying and adapting techniques.