This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONVeritas is seeking candidates for the role of Senior / Sourcing Buyer to support the Americas and Global sourcing team to provide Purchasing / Sourcing support to Category Managers, working on a variety of spend areas, with large focus on IT spend projects across the Americas and Globally.
Spend areas include all elements of IT Purchasing and previous experience in sourcing IT essentially includes Licensing, SAAS, Networking, Professional Services and Hardware. Telecom experience is a plus.
ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Development and management of RFI / RFQ / RFP s as required by business process owners and as directed by Category Managers for all spend areas across the Americas.
* Negotiating best possible commercial terms whilst protecting Veritas through use of standard terms and conditions.
* Able to establish and negotiate cost effective multi-site purchase agreements
* Supporting and guiding the operational buying team as required
* Supporting category managers with spend data analytics and development of Category plans.
* Interacting with vendors and customers for day-to-day activities under Category Manager direction
* Reviewing contract / terms and conditions redlines from suppliers and through use of playbooks negotiate or escalate to category managers and legal.
* Ensure contract database is kept up to date with all signed agreements uploaded, and all data fields completed.
* Actioning contract renewals.
* Managing Supplier Relationship Management
* Experience and knowledge of vendor relationship management and vendor consolidation and cost reduction.
* Successfully executing assigned goals in a timely manner
* Experience and knowledge working with and negotiating IT purchasing contracts / terms and conditions.
* Prior Procurement / sourcing experience essential
* Able to understand and satisfy customer needs without direction.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
* Detail oriented and able to work under time pressure.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* A self-starter who exhibits a high level of initiative and ability to learn quickly in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
* Familiar with value analysis, make/buy/lease decisions, and other advanced purchasing topics
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to manage large and/or complex projects to achieve goals with very little direction.
* Experience of developing effective relationships with internal customers and external vendors at all levels. Educate customers and provide value-add solutions.
* The person must have a proven track record in Cost reduction and exemplary customer service.
Problem Solving/ Decision Making/ Supervision Required Exercises judgment and seeks support from Category Manager as required. Works under the direction of manager for high impact decisions. Gathers information and assists with the evaluation of vendors with the Category Manager. Receives direct and frequent supervision while working on projects owned by others.
CONTACTS/ INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
* Able to communicate effectively internally to gather and provide information. Works with colleagues as a team to accomplish goals. Will communicate externally under direction of the Category Manager.
TEAM PARTICIPATION/ LEADERSHIP OF OTHERS:
* Will participate in cross-functional or departmental project teams in a support role.
ACCOUNTABILITY/ IMPACT OF ACTIONS:
* Responsible for quality of information obtained and provided. Must have excellent listening skills and be able to follow direction.
* Education and/or Experience Business Qualification or equivalent experience in purchasing or related business expertise.
Flexible, detail oriented, customer centered, accountable, strong ethics & values, learning agility, organized, and time management skills..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.