This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
MA-COM Technology Solutions Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Sr. Buyer is responsible for executing strategy & implementation plans relating to supply chain performance for the Sourcing Team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for all aspects of purchasing, sourcing, and relationship maintenance with MACOM s supply base for indirect materials and services.
* Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and request for quotes to suppliers
* Expedite the delivery of purchased items in order to meet customer required delivery schedules.
* Work diligently with Engineering and Strategic Sourcing departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes and reduce costs.
* Evaluate and develop alternative sources to ensure the smooth flow of goods and services to support the business needs.
* Responsible for observing good business practices, protecting the interests of the company and for buying at the best possible price consistent with time, quality and quantity requirements.
* Comply with MACOM s purchasing policies and procedures.
* Work under minimal supervision with the demonstrated ability to establish priorities, plan workload and establish commitment for task completion.
* Willingness to make decisions without hesitation and getting things done in a timely fashion with sense of urgency
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, to develop positive working relationships internally and externally
* Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines
* Strong analytical skills
* Bachelor degree required
* Minimum 5 years of purchasing indirect material and services in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong Computer literacy, particularly in MS Office and SAP.
* Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment a plus.
EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.