Senior Buyer - Manufacturing Experience
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
GKN Walterscheid (Land Systems Division)
Optimizes the use of company assets in the acquisition of goods and services. Reviews market conditions and trends, formulating short and long term strategies to ensure quality and continuity of supply, while minimizing total cost by performing the following responsibilities.
* Procure direct materials and develop appropriate supplier base, by reviewing requirements, soliciting quotations, selecting suppliers, placing orders and following-up on deliveries.
* Ability to challenge, develop and improve scheduling approach with suppliers in order to improve DSA and Inventory Turns.
* Can develop and implement JIT, Sequenced supply, Pull systems, VMI and other methods in the context of supplier schedule management. Can fully integrate solutions with order management / ERP systems and physical flow.
* Consolidate requirements and develop most suitable method of purchase, such as, spot purchase orders, contracts, blanket orders, and suppliers stocking arrangements.
* Champion continuous improvement (CI) activities within the purchase and supply chain team in order to improve information and product flow throughout the extended supply chain
* Advise management of current market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing and or delivery.
* Be familiar with end use of commodities leading to possible cost savings through use of alternate materials or specifications.
* Evaluate suppliers through methods such as, supplier visitation, and various objective performance measurements including, on time delivery, service performance, and price performance. Be aware of non-price considerations and certify as necessary.
* Provide Purchasing support for ordering maintenance, and expense items.
* Purchasing Department representative responsible for business systems. Analyse and understand present purchasing system.
* Analyse and maintain minimum inventory levels and identify and act on slow moving and obsolete inventory.
* Work with QA Manager on all purchasing department issues relating to the ISO 9000 registration process, including processes, procedures, vendor certification, etc.
* Attend production meetings as requested.
* Some travel is required - domestic & possible International
* All other duties assigned by Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from 4-year College, or 5+ years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
* Knowledge of Microsoft business suite products
* Inventory Management experience a plus
* Ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Knowledge of GKN raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacture of goods and services.
* Excellent internal and external relationship/communication skills.