This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
USM, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a leading provider of essential facilities maintenance services, including interior and exterior services and electrical, mechanical and plumbing services, to national and regional commercial customers that maintain multi-site portfolios across wide geographic areas. With its highly developed proprietary network of over 11,000 service partners, USM delivers consistent facilities maintenance services across a nationwide footprint for approximately 150 customers in over 80,000 locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Buyer
In this hands on fast paced role as a Senior Buyer you will performs daily activities associated with the sourcing and procurement of products and services. You will manage the supplier database to include supplier capabilities, cost analysis and key performance indicators in a high volume sourcing environment.
As one of our Senior Buyers you will provide supplier pricing and market analysis to support contract negotiations, and has a limited scope of authority within pre-established policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING
* Execute daily purchases as appropriate.
* Formulate strategic sourcing options.
* Work within cross-functional teams in RFx development and execution.
* Negotiate agreements ( SOW, SLA, etc) with potential suppliers.
* Perform cost/value analysis of supplier products or services.
* Maintain supplier information within supplier database.
* Monitor trends in the service supply or product markets.
* Monitor service levels and takes corrective action when necessary.
* Investigate and initiate alternate sourcing as appropriate, and cost savings opportunities.
* Analyze and correct as necessary Accounts Payable discrepancies.
* Promote and maintain companywide values, policies and procedures.
* Assist in the training of new employees
* Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
* Undergraduate degree in business, supply chain management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 5 years experience in general procurement with high customer service requirement, with solid knowledge and support of sourcing/procurement activities.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
* Proficiency in E-Sourcing tools and their applications.
* Experience with ERP systems.
* Experience in Procurement of services is highly preferred
* P.S.M. designation preferred.
* Solid knowledge and support of formal RFx processes required.
* Experience procuring facilities management goods and services preferred.
* Ability to review and understand general instructions.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Click here to view job online