This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA global industry leader in Ogden, Utah is looking for Senior Buyer to join their team of collaborative and talented employees. The successful candidate will have the chance to be involved with a rapidly growing organization offering advancement opportunities in both compensation and responsibilities.
* Negotiates with and qualifies vendors
* Maintains the vendor relationships and maintains material data integrity
* Initiates requests for quotes when necessary, makes awards and places Purchase Orders for goods or services as needed
* Expedites deliveries where required, seeks to achieve high levels of automation through this process
* Follows up purchase orders as necessary and must communicate any changes or disruptions to the End Users
* Identifies opportunities for reverse auctions to provide measured cost savings
* Obtains Return Material Authorizations from vendors for damaged or un-needed items
* Ability to forecast inventory needs
* Problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are a necessity
* Examples of problems faced include pricing/quantity mismatches, blocked invoices overdue/incomplete purchase orders, and changes to product availability and/or delivery
* Experience with change management and Lean principals and process implementations
* 5+ years' experience in buying/purchasing
* Bachelor's Degreepreferred
* General knowledge and understanding of basic purchasing, logistics, supply chain and accounting concepts required
* Knowledge of commodities including steal, copper, etc.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate and proficiency with common word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a potentially high stress environment
_Prince, Perelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States._