Senior Buyer / Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
BrainScope Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OVERVIEW
* Reports to the Director, Manufacturing
* Position located in Bethesda, MD
* Position is office-based and telecommuting is not possible for this position
* Manage the issuance of purchase orders as recommended by the planning system or as requested by management.
* Manage PO approval process, PO revisions, supplier confirmation and storage of all purchase orders on a secured and shared site.
* Manages supplier bidding process with creation of RFQs submission to suppliers and summary returned information as requested by the Director of Manufacturing.
* Controls Suppliers compliance to on time delivery, terms and conditions, supply contracts and product specifications.
* Participates as needed in the Product Specification creation/revision process and facilitates execution with suppliers.
* Drive sourcing solutions for existing products as directed by executive management.
* Manage assigned products by maintaining or reducing costs of product components, packaging and finished goods
* Monitor and report any significant market trends related to market pricing or supply constraints for BrainScope supplied items, vendor supplied items or manufacturing channels.
* Responsible for communication flow between suppliers and A/P to insure timely and accurate payments to suppliers.
* Manage supplier quality issues including return material authorization, cause and corrective action documentation and supplier credits.
* Manage updates in the planning system to insure accurate purchasing resulting actions.
* Manage orders for components, print/labels and packaging to support manufacturing of finished goods and end-item deliveries
* Manage / Status the inventory of BrainScope-supplied materials stored at manufacturers or finished goods at distributions centers and insures they are maintained at 95% or higher perpetual accuracy.
* Communicate with transportation to insure timely pick up from manufacturing and delivery to other suppliers, distribution centers or end-order fulfillment.
* Continuously evaluate the utilization of company resources to identify and implement improvements.
* Negotiate net 45 or better payment terms with suppliers and manufactures
Additional Production support activities to initially include:
* Production material planning integration with work orders and associated production resources
* Prepare daily and long-term production schedules utilizing MRP and sales forecasts
* Develop delivery commitments by coordinating scheduling activities with production team to balance production capacity, productivity, and on-time delivery metrics
* Develop, publish, and maintain Master Production Schedule for manufacturing site
* Analyze priority orders for material /capacity availability and adjust production schedules to ensure on-time delivery
* Attend daily production meeting to evaluate production schedule, backlogs, material shortages, labor requirements, etc.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combined experience and education directly related to purchasing, planning and five years or more experience in a procurement/manufacturing role.
* Minimum 3years of experience in a buyer/planner role.
* Prior experience in an MRP environment.
* Procurement experience with medical devices strongly preferred.
* Experience managing suppliers and a solid track record of utilizing negotiation skills.
* Background with purchasing law or cGMPs a plus.
* Demonstrated track record of building relationships, showing flexibility, utilizing strong communication skills and incorporating "big picture" strategic thinking.
* Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives.
* APICS, ISM or NAPM training/certifications a plus.
* Operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented culture that emphasizes professional development
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced start up environment
_The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a Voluntary Self-Identification Form CC-305. All federal contractors are required to use this form in inviting all applicants and employees to provide information regarding their disability status. Completing this form is voluntary and any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way. If you choose to complete the form, please attach it with your job application. _