Senior C# Software Development Engineer- ACSR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11303 Senior C# Software Development Engineer- ACSR (Open Date: 08/12/2016)
SW - Development - ICS
CSG Systems is a dynamic and growing company of experienced professionals who provide software and services-based solutions that help clients build commerce by better engaging and transacting with their customers. CSG enables clients to build new offerings, to engage customers on those offerings, and to deliver them through effective and profitable customer transactions. CSG's software applications include customer management, order management, service request/trouble management, billing, collections, and e-commerce applications that work together in a variety of configurations.
CSG Systems' development group designs and develops leading edge applications. The group is made up of highly motivated individuals representing some of the best talent in the industry. The group follows an agile methodology emphasizing teamwork and close collaboration with business owners. It is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and hires likeminded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
This position is on the ACSR development team. As a software engineer you will be working alongside 15 other engineers, testers, product owner and a scrum master. We are currently focused on migrating our bread and butter application, Advanced Customer Service Representative (ACSR), from C++ / MFC to C# / WinForms. As part of the migration effort, we are also building a service layer to help get; our architecture to follow more a N-Tier architecture. ACSR is currently deployed to approximately 125,000 desktops.
The team follows a scrum based process with the common ceremonies of Planning, Refinement, Demo, Retro and Daily Standups. This enables the team to be self-aware and self-guiding with coaching from the Scrum Master and Product Vision from the Product Owner.
Expectations and Responsibilities
* A passion for software development with a strong desire for continuous improvement.
* Designs, analyzes, creates, supports and debugs CSG's customer facing applications.
* Ability to work within a cross functional team to develop enhancements in a highly iterative fashion. Involves close collaboration with product owners, developers and testers.
* Develops high impact, widely used applications where end-user expectations are high as it relates to process flow, effectiveness and responsiveness.
* Active participant in all Scrum ceremonies.
* Ability to communicate with product owners, developers, testers, clients and end-users in a manner that helps continuously enhance the overall usability of the applications.
* Perform under minimal supervision on complex assignments.
* Ability to work independently while maintaining a team relationship.
Required skill sets, knowledge and experience
* Bachelors Degree (Engineering, MIS, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience required
* 5+ years development experience, preferably working with Microsoft development tools
* Key skills for this role include: C#, .NET, MS SQL Server, Web Services, WCF, SOA, NUnit and OO design.
* Beneficial skills include: C++, MFC
* IT knowledge in software development methodologies/processes, design, implementation and documentation
* Experience with analysis and design
* Experience having designed and developed highly scalable components
* Experience in the Cable or Telephony industry is a plus
* Experience in Scrum / Kanban environments.