- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Capacity Planning Manager
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Title: Sr. / Lead Capacity Planning Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce is looking to hire a Capacity Planning Manager to drive technical planning efforts for the company's global growth. In this role, s/he will be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to ensure the necessary capacity to run the business while simultaneously maintaining an optimal cost profile.
The ability to measure and forecast the system load on our physical infrastructure is critical for helping Salesforce to ensure the capacity necessary to run the business. Given Salesforce's Software-as-a-Service operating model, we have the need for understand both our short and long term capacity needs, as well as the impact of emerging optimizations planned across every layer of the hardware and software stack.
In this role, the Sr. / Lead Capacity Manager will be responsible for driving Salesforce's Capacity Roadmap--an aggregated view current and future capacity needs globally. This is a high visibility role that requires strong communication skills and the ability build trust relationships at all levels of the company. Furthermore, the Capacity Planning Manager will have the responsibility for flagging potential capacity shortfalls and communicating build delays back into the infrastructure order cycles.
In addition, this role will also require important technical capabilities. These will include quantifying how our software runs on the hardware, and translating an aggregated view of datacenter space and power needs. This effort will encompass a summary view of the load placed on our infrastructure in aggregate from various subsystems of Salesforce's architecture (Java Virtual Machines, Database Software) as well as from Salesforce's application code and customer implementations.
- Establish and drive a rolling capacity planning cadence, with 2-year guidance, and coordinate the execution of this plan across the Infrastructure Engineering team
- Assemble and interrogate long range (5-year) plans on a bi-annual basis
- Recommend a discrete set of optimizations that will favorably impact both capacity and performance
- Evaluate a forecasted trend with consideration of historical growth and initiatives known to impact workload on our infrastructure
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, operations and engineering teams to find resolutions
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, Operations Research or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in capacity management, performance engineering, capacity planning / forecasting
- Ability to see the big picture and wiliness to solve puzzles in a timely manner
- Out of box thinking and creative problem solving bringing strategic business insights from a deep analysis of the data
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in Infrastructure or Technical Operations is a plus
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.