Director of Production Planning 9/2/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Title: Director of Production Planning
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce is looking for a Director of Production Planning to drive operational planning focused on the company's physical infrastructure used to operate our service. In this role, s/he will be required to work cross-functionally with a number of teams to plan the necessary capacity to run the business while simultaneously maintaining an efficient operational profile.
The responsibilities will include mapping technical and operational inputs from an unconstrained demand forecast together with complex set of supply constraints to produce global production plans. The production plan will guide the delivery schedule, hardware order, data center acquisition timelines, and turn up scheduling for Salesforce's product portfolio. This is a high visibility role that requires strong communication skills and the ability to build trust relationships at all levels of the company.
In this role, the Director of Production Planning will be responsible for driving Salesforce's production plan--an aggregated view of both current and future capacity needs globally. Furthermore, the Director of Production Planning will have the responsibility for flagging potential capacity shortfalls and communicating bottlenecks back into the infrastructure order cycles.
In addition, this role will also require important program management capabilities, combined with a strong understanding of the enterprise technology stack.
- Establish and drive a rolling capacity planning cadence, with 2-year guidance, and coordinate the execution of this plan across the Infrastructure Engineering team
- Responsible for new services (organic and inorganic growth) in-take process for all production environment
- Timely and effectively communicate key operational changes and/or risks impacting production plans on a regular basis e.g. through a monthly production review meeting with key stakeholders
- Assemble and interrogate long range (5-year) plans on a bi-annual basis
- Recommend a discrete set of optimizations that will favorably impact both capacity and potential operating efficiencies
- Evaluate a forecasted trend with consideration of historical growth and initiatives known to impact workload on our infrastructure
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, Operations Research or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10+years of direct experience in capacity management, performance engineering, capacity planning / forecasting
- Ability to see the big picture and wiliness to solve puzzles in a timely manner
- Out of box thinking and creative problem solving bringing strategic business insights from a deep analysis of the data
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in Infrastructure or Technical Operations is a plus
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.