Senior Casualty Broker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR CASUALTY BROKER
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
CORPORATE RISK AND BROKING
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Sr. Casualty Broking Specialist is the person recognized as the main contact in the marketplace to represent Willis Towers Watson and coordinate parties on all sides to meet and understand each other s agendas, appetites, and goals. The position does require travel and social interaction at industry events / meetings. The Sr. Casualty Broking Specialist is responsible for all broking activity, utilizing industry expertise to enhance revenue and foster innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Stimulate revenue growth and meet business objectives by placing Complex Casualty business, improving retention rates, increasing commission rates and utilizing group resources
* Collateral negotiations both current and legacy
* Market new business opportunities and secure coverage
* Review renewal business for adequacy of coverage and competitive rates
* Negotiate manuscript terms for major accounts and provide expertise for difficult to place business
* Negotiate carrier contracts and program agreements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 10 years of experience in underwriting or broking Complex Casualty accounts (Min. retention $150K or Guaranteed Cost premium of $1M per line)
* Technical knowledge of insurance structures to include (Captives, Deductibles, Self-Insured Retentions, Retros and Non-Subscription)
* Flexibility with respect Travel
* Knowledge and familiarity with the global marketplace
* Ability to interpret and explain detailed loss projections, stratifications and retention analysis
* Self - Motivated, must have the ability to work Independently
* Insurance broker's license required prior to start
* Proficient in Excel, Pivot tables and managing large volumes of data
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to develop carrier partners locally and support nationally based relationships
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
WILLIS TOWERS WATSON BELIEVES THAT EFFECTIVELY MANAGING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE IS VITAL TO OUR BUSINESS STRATEGY. OUR CONTINUED SUCCESS DEPENDS GREATLY ON OUR ABILITY TO FULLY AND EFFECTIVELY EMPLOY QUALIFIED PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, MILITARY STATUS, ANCESTRY, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE HUMAN RIGHTS OR EQUAL OPPORTUNITY LEGISLATION.
WE HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO OUR ORGANIZATION, OURSELVES AND OUR CLIENTS TO HIRE AND DEVELOP THE BEST PEOPLE WE CAN FIND. WE WILL CONTINUALLY REVIEW OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES TO ENSURE THAT ALL AREAS OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS (INCLUDING RECRUITING, HIRING, WORK ASSIGNMENTS, COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, PROMOTIONS, TRANSFERS, COMPANY-SPONSORED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS AND OVERALL WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE) ARE FREE FROM DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICES.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT WILLIS TOWERS WATSON.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.