Senior Chemical Lab Technician III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
* Conduct laboratory testing following international standard protocols and/or local procedures
* Support workplace safety program
* Perform laboratory duties as needed
* Provide technical support for the development of new products and to sustain existing products
* Work under the supervision of chemists and chemical engineers.
* Perform laboratory tests on raw materials and finished products to support the development of new Specialty Chemical materials and to help sustain existing materials.
* Perform lab scale application testing on new and existing materials to support internal and external customer data requests.
* Prepare testing documentation such as spreadsheets and reports with data interpretation.
* Contribute to safety program.
* Support team in any aspect of project work and collaborate globally with the international team.
Associate Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Chemical Technology (or equivalent) preferred with 7-10 years of work experience in a chemical laboratory or BS in Chemistry with 1-2 years of experience. Experience with surfactants or fire science is a plus.
Experience with basic chemical laboratory equipment such as pH meters, viscometers, refractometers, balances, and volumetric glassware
Experience with laboratory operations and equipment for mixing, filtration, and pumping of liquids
Ability to reliably provide top quality results in a safe manner
Excellent in dealing with people, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel and Outlook
Thrives in a multi cultural team work environment, be open minded, creative, drive for success, self motivated, high learning agility
Flexible, capable to think out of the box
The candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, be able to manage multiple projects, be a team player, have good problem solving skills, be able to understand and follow verbal and written work instructions, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, and Outlook.