Senior Citrix/VDI Infrastructure Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Senior Citrix and VDI Infrastructure Engineer will drive the strategy, service delivery and customer support of the Citrix XenApp 6.5 and VxRail environments. The candidate will provide project management and subject matter expertise for the platforms as well as drive the long term roadmap with application and End User Engineering partners. Experience with network load balancing, hardware HA configuration, and capacity planning required. Knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, cloud services, and desktop management are preferred.
Additional areas of focus will include support of on- and off-shore team members by creating robust documentation, scripting repetitive tasks, and delegating task-based project work; engagement with engineering and support partners around End User experience; and partnering with vendors in support of initiatives.
* Minimum 8 years of experience managing large scale Citrix XenApp environment
* Prior experience supporting virtual desktop infrastructure, preferably with VMWare
* Experience supporting application rollouts, Active Directory OU policies, and
* Strong engineering capabilities with ability to perform requirements gathering, impact analysis, technical project planning, risk assessment, and on-boarding of new technologies
* Demonstrated experience with engineering enterprise-class solutions
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong documentation and automation skills required to support an off-shore staffing model
* Excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis and permanent problem resolution skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Ability to manage detailed tasks efficiently and effectively
* Server scripting skills (PowerShell, VBscript, CMD, Perl, SQL)
* College degree or equivalent technical work experience
Requested / Nice to have:
* Experience working for financial services, banking, or other regulated organizations
* Citrix or VMWare certification
* Project Management Certification (PMP)