Senior Clinical Rsch. Prog./Proj. Mgr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Disparities Research Unit in the Department of Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital seeks applicants for Project Director of the The Positive Minds Strong Bodies study. This NIH-funded clinical trial aims to build the capacity of community-based organizations and clinics to prevent depression, anxiety, and physical disability among minority elders.
The Project Director will direct and oversee all elements of the trial. S/he will work closely with Site PIs and collaborators to manage the daily activities of the project, including ongoing implementation of study activities and partnership with collaborators. S/he will oversee project staff involved in data collection, management and tracking and play a leading role in troubleshooting problems that arise over the course of the study. S/he will collaborate in discussions with the community partners to establish research systems and protocols, and will support this process throughout the intervention testing and evaluation of feasibility and sustainability. The Project Director will oversee the adaptation and preparation of key materials, interview guides, manuals and resources for the project, including translations, and will ensure that IRB approvals across study sites are up to date. This is a 60%-80% time position.
* Masters degree required, Ph.D. strongly preferred, including experience with research methods and research project management.
* Detail oriented self-starter with excellent organizational and communications skills.
* Must do well with multitasking and synthesizing information and details. Experience in a research setting, preferably with federal grants.
* Supervisory experience and experience working with multiethnic and multicultural populations desirable. Interest in fields of mental health, and empowerment of individuals of diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds.
* Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged