Senior Cloud Architect 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
This role will be part of the Device Architecture engineering group, actively working with various functional groups to assist with cloud transformation approach for devices.
Provide direct and substantial support for MSI product transformation to cloud implementation.
Implement and manage various components of the sustainable cloud platform framework to support multiple product families, across different cloud providers/accounts, supporting software developers and customers.
Translate conceptual and logical design of cloud-based solutions into automated deployments
Implement, manage and use toolsets for development and agile framework
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 10+ years of professional work experience in Information Technology in an enterprise setting, supporting internal/external customers
Extensive experience with Android/Linux/Unix
* 3+ years with designing and implementing virtualization/cloud based solutions
* 3+ years of programming /scripting
* 3+ years experience with cloud services, preferably AWS
* 3+ years of software engineering and information technology experience
* Strong conceptual knowledge on cloud design patterns
* Strong understanding and knowledge of AWS services, and broader Cloud XaaS technology space
* Solid understanding of networking and core internet protocols
* Experience with using and managing open source technologies
* Good understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps
* Strong analytical and critical thinking
* Micro-services design patterns
* Container technologies
* Good communicator
- ability to teach others and explaining the why behind complicated technical decisions.
* Cloud migration
* ITIL & Service management
* Software development practices
* Programming / scripting Skills -
- python, Java, etc
* Familiarity with database technologies, including NoSQL
3 - 5
* Bachelors Degree * 3+ years of software engineering and information technology experience