Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSBILITES:
* Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
* Understand how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale
* Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation Identify the appropriate process for each problem resolution
* Dive deep to resolve complex problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation
* Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
* Maintain SLAs and participate in the on-call rotation
* Hands-on experience in Windows scripting, Powershell, GPO, Unix/Linux, SMTP, and VMware
* Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
* Experience with source control (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
* Experience with enterprise IaaS/SaaS environment with experience supporting Windows operating systems & MS-SQL server
* Experience in implementing, managing, refining disaster recovery solutions is a definitive plus
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
* Self-motivated with the ability to analyze issues and prioritize proactively
* Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate & work effectively with all levels of Operations, Engineering, Client Services, and senior management.
* Significant knowledge of monitoring & alerting systems such as Orion NPM & SAM
* Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, TCP/IP networking architecture and core technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, etc.)
* Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate s Degree or Vocational Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.