Senior Cloud Platform Engineer - Operations 9/17/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
As a key member of Qualys Cloud Platform Operations, the Cloud Operations Platform Engineer will be responsible to build, deploy, and support for all Qualys Private Cloud Platforms and SaaS offerings. This position interfaces with Qualys clients, Customer Support teams, Software Development, QA, Product Management, DevOPS and other operational teams to engineer and manage all Qualys Cloud Platforms.
* Contribute to automating the build and deployment of software and application services on the Qualys cloud platforms
* Deploy software patches and upgrades into staging and production environments and perform post deployment verification
* Deploy new applications and services into staging and production environments
* Expand and add capacity for existing Qualys applications in staging and production environments
* Provide 24x7 operational support (L3) when on-call
* Perform complex troubleshooting of multiple applications, monitor and improve operations performance, security and resources usage
* Provide post-mortem data and root cause analysis for service incidents
* Response to inquiries and incidents. Submit and implement change requests
* Transfer operations support knowledge to L1/L2 through training and writing technical documentation and KB articles
* Collaborate with various DevOps teams to engineer and manage the Continuous Delivery Platform
Technical Skills Requirements:
* Extensive experience with deployment of applications to Amazon AWS, AZURE and other major cloud providers.
* Extensive experience with deployment/automation/management tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Anseble, Chef, Docker, Terraform, VMware.
* Programming languages: Python, Perl, Java, Shell scripting.
* Experience in Linux system administration and able to write bash scripts
* Understanding of network elements such as firewalls, load balancers, DNS, NAT, TLS/SSL
* Understanding of Oracle database technologies.
* Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, OpenStack, or Docker
* Working experience with open source software like Java, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, Ant, MySQL, Groovy, Ruby, Python
* Experience working with one of the monitoring tools like Nagios, Zenoss or Splunk
* Experience working with Puppet Configuration Management tool
Familiarity with some / all of the following Technologies:
* ITIL knowledge (certification or experience)
* Databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Programming, Cassandra
* Big Data/Data Warehouse Tools: Hadoop, Spark
* Source control/integration: SVN, TFS, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory
* Distributed Computing: Docker, Apache Mesos and Spark
Business Skills Requirements:
* BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field for 6+ years
* Able and willing to learn new technologies and tools
* Able to work under pressure in 24/7 environment
* Patience and dedication when working with clients, vendors, and internal teams
* Strong analytical, critical, and creative problem solving skills
* Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapting when priorities change
* Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor
* Able to drive results and set priorities independently
Qualys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.