Senior Collaboration Engineer (Cisco)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
We are searching for a Sr. Collaboration Engineer to join our organization in Brentwood, TN.
The key objectives of the Senior Collaboration Engineer (SCE) are to understand and implement the technical requirements of Collaboration projects, which include VoIP, Video, Presence, Customer Contact and Collaborative Applications and basic team management. The SCE is to work with the Collaboration Architects (CA) to understand how to manage project processes, lifecycle and documentation. They need to strive toward the precise execution of the process and documentation and to participate in the improvement thereof. The SCE is also responsible for mentoring Collaboration Engineers on their team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Obtain and retain manufacturer certifications based on organizational and personal objectives.
* Review the technical architecture provided by the Collaboration Architect and verify its validity. Suggest modifications if believed required.
* Stay current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand to recommend, modify and implement appropriate modifications with advice of the CA.
* Understand the following based on specialty; routing, switching, site surveys, video endpoints, video infrastructure, QOS, Core Unified Communications, Enterprise Content Management, Presence and / or Customer contact applications
* Help lead and promote a well-organized team environment based on the following values:
* Business Comprehension (Professionalism and Certifications)
* Learn the ability to assess the customer environment (technical and political) and escalate if required.
* Participate in the modification and continual improvement of the both the professional services project documentation and the project implementation processes
* Implement the project processes and documentation and mentor the Collaboration Engineers in their responsibility to take ownership of the project implementation lifecycle
* Ability to troubleshoot integrated technology issues and maintain an accurate issues list.
* Serve the Customer to Presidio's standards
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2 year degree or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years of relevant job experience
* Industry certifications
* CCNP Voice/Collaboration or better preferred
* CCDP or better preferred
* Experience with telephony consolidation and centralization
* Experience in one or more of the following: call center technology, optimizing networks, PBX (Private Branch Exchange) Systems, ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) systems, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 switching, and/or Routing Protocols
* Experience in SIP technology
* Hands-on knowledge and experience in routing protocols like BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Ethernet Switching, and multiple layers (1-2 protocols) like Frame Relay, HDLC, or PPP will be helpful
* Must be highly knowledgeable in IP Networking, enterprise voice solutions, VoIP technology, IPSec, TDM Voice, VoIP CPE, soft Switches, Session Border Controllers, Routers, and Firewalls
* Expert understanding of SIP, H.323, and Legacy telephony infrastructure
* Understand performance testing methodologies and evaluation techniques
* Must be clearable to work in the US Government or pass a financial background check (when applicable)
* Excellent communications and documentation skills
* Must be able to use, Word, Excel, Visio and Project at a minimum
* Approximately 25% travel
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.