Senior Collection Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Senior Collection Manager position is accountable for the entire collection process. The Senior Collection Manager is responsible for a staff of up to 25 multiple locations. These individuals are engaged primarily in the collection and problem dispute functions. The Senior Collection Manager is focused on certain Market Segments, multi-branded and may also have responsibility for, order holds release and customer master activity. The Senior Collection Manager works closely with the Credit Management team to recommend and implement changes to policy and procedure across all functions of the department. The Senior Collection Manager works under the direction of the Director of Credit and Collections to develop and implement plans for the Department to meet the overall Company and Department strategic objectives.
* Monthly bad debt review for defined aging buckets for his / her account responsibility.
* Develop collection dash board and review regularly with management
* Skillful communication with all organizational levels both internal functions and customers
* Develop and maintain collection policies across multiple end markets
* Business liaison for specific brands frequent contact with all levels of the Company: sales representatives, sales managers, Customer Service, Accounting, Senior Business Management.
* Negotiate with largest customers on risk collection
* Report to Director/VP changes in trends, risk status.
* Responsible for monthly brand portfolioreporting of AR aging status, highest risk collection issues and trends.
* Improve the productivity of the collection department
* Improving the quality of the receivable asset by reviewing collection process and methodology, training of collectors.
* Responsible for performance reviews, new employee training, coaching/career development
* 7 years' of credit and management experience, 8-10 years preferred
* 2 + years' experience managing portfolio's that exceeds 100million
* 2 + years' National account experience
* Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and v-look-up), Word, Power Point skills
* Thorough knowledge of collection-related laws
* 2 years' experience in corporate credit/collections
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS: Ethics, drive, perseverance, learning orientation, dealing with ambiguity, reasoning, excellent organization, analytical, communication, problem-solving skills, strong management, leadership, interpersonal. Exceptional communication, business acumen, developed negotiation skills, time management, problem solving, and understanding of technology, detailed, energetic, critical thinking, and ability to delegate and manage to completion, multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
COMPETENCIES: Entrepreneurial, understands the customers, develops appropriate solutions, manages relationships, financial management.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires use of typical office equipment such as computer, laptop and cell phone use. Most work is completed in an office environment.
POSITION TYPE: Full time, Monday - Friday
TRAVEL: Some required.