Senior Combat Systems Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Senior Combat Systems Engineer
Alexandria Metro Park, Va. - US (Primary)
Engineering & Support Services
VSE Corporation is seeking a Senior Combat Systems Engineer Foreign Military Sales for our Headquarters located in Alexandria Va.to perform the following duties:
Within GLOBAL Division, the SCSE is a Senior Project Manager (PM) level position matrixed across the country specific PMs to provide expertise in the following areas for ex-USN ships transferred to allied countries, indigenously produced/procured ships in the inventories of client countries, ex-USN or new systems transferred to client countries and non-USN systems procured or contemplated by client countries. The functional description is:
Manages a directorate within a division. Has supervisory and developmental responsibilities within a functional area. Manages one or more projects or programs, may manage an operating office and supervises professional and technical personnel performing in their customary disciplines. Develops and maintains a sales and marketing plan to achieve previously agreed-upon objectives endorsed by division and group management. Maintains aggressive efforts to achieve objectives. Manages one or more technical programs. Acts as a technical liaison with vendors. Trains and supervises personnel. Assists in proposal processes and coordinates with Pricing Department when required. Responsible for all phases of the program budget. Performs analysis for contract reviews with various software. Develops Quality Assurance Programs for all products and services. Prepares Staffing Plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. Assign staff and provide technical direction as necessary to complete tasks. Monitor contract, subcontract, and funding; prepare forecasts of program financial performance. Develop and deliver required contract, departmental, project and/or financial reports. Should have a working knowledge of other disciplines represented in the department. Background must include supervisory/management experience. Interacts readily with the technical staff and vendors both within and outside the company. Experience developing operating budgets and reporting/assessing financial information. Ability to conduct independent research.
Specific to FMS work, the SCSE would be expected to do the following (not all inclusive):
* Research and make recommendations regarding sources and procedures for repairs to existing combat systems including future supportability assessments and cost benefit analysis that addresses modernization in lieu of repair.
* Research and recommendations regarding Combat Systems (C/S) and C4I upgrades to existing ships and systems, including recommendations based upon threat analysis that incorporates the client counties expected maritime operations.
* Analysis of impact of HM&E related modifications to C/S and C4I systems.
* For ship transfers, development of systems reactivation plans, integrated schedules and test matrices.
* Also, creation of the C/S portion of gaining crew training plans.
* QA plans for C/S and C4I.
* Review vendor proposals for work to be performed to reactivate specific systems.
* Monitoring of project/s progress to ensure timely completion of tasks.
* Creation of C/S and C4I proposals that can be marketed to FMS and Direct Commercial Sales clients.
* Develop estimates of cost for proposed C/S and C4I solutions.
* Participate in ship surveys to ascertain requirements for reactivation/repair of specified C/S and C4I systems to develop requirements and ultimately costs to perform work.
* Management of subcontractors performing work on C/S and C4I projects.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in the Sciences. A Bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Science or Mathematics. If a Bachelor's degree is not in one of the above disciplines, the person shall have in addition, three (3) years serving aboard a surface combatant vessel in a combat systems capacity.
Additionally, the candidate shall have eight (8) years of increasing systems integration management responsibility including at least five (5) years of combat systems installation, overhaul, and upgrade or integration experience.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance Travel
10 - 20%
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans?) that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Due to the incredible influx of applicants we are not able to take phone calls; we will contact you if you are a match for any position. Thank you for considering us for employment.