Senior Commercial Installer (Installer III)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
Configure, install dismantle, reconstruct and programs security and fire systems required by the commercial customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the company.
* Conducts service calls and prewires residences.
* Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
* Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
* Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
* Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
* Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
* May manage installation teams on larger projects.
* High School degree or equivalent mandatory.
* Electronic Trade School training desired
* 5 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
* Valid driver's license.
JOHNSON CONTROLS OFFERS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PLAN INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE, FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS, PAID LIFE INSURANCE, MATCHING 401(K), ONGOING TRAINING, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MORE. AND BECAUSE WE\'RE PART OF JCI AN INTERNATIONAL, WE CAN PREPARE YOU FOR A CAREER ON A GLOBAL SCALE.
JCI IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.