Senior Commodity Manager- Direct Materials
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is currently seeking a Senior Commodity Manager- Direct Materials. This position has directs raw materials used in manufacturing finished products as well as contract manufacturing to add value to intermediate goods for future resale. This includes managing supplier relationships and developing Supply Agreements to ensure JM maintains a competitive manufacturing cost position.Johns Manville (JM), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, employs approximately 350 people at its downtown headquarters in areas such as finance, human resources, legal, corporate affairs, and information technology. JM has more than 40 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. In addition, JM has technical centers in five locations around the globe, with its main center located in Littleton, Colorado.Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for raw materials, contract manufacturing and services, and trading goods for resale with annual spend of $60-85M ( 20 Suppliers) that may include:
- Polymers / Resins
- Contract Manufacturing Value-Added Services
- Negotiates Supply Agreements and develops Executive Summaries for review with the appropriate executive leadership team members for approval.
- Ensure uninterrupted and sustainable supply of raw materials and Value-Added Contract Manufacturing Services to JM facilities and Customers
- Develops projects and programs to meet cost savings targets and strategies to achieve lower total cost of ownership in commodities managed
- Develop and manage external supplier relationships
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in Supply Chain / Sourcing positions
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of commodity management
- Ability to produce, analyze, and interpret complex metrics and modeling associated with financial, cost, and performance metrics of Supply Chain activities
- Excellent contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrate ability to create and negotiate Supply Agreements
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems
- Minimum 2 years' experience of raw materials sourcing
- Ability to create raw material sourcing strategiesAdditional consideration given for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or technical fieldWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.