Senior Compensation Analyst 8/26/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Sr Compensation Analyst performs various duties to help ensure current compensation practices are in line with the Company's compensation philosophy. Responsibilities include performing statistical analysis of both internal and external data in order to analyze trends and market place information.
The analyst is responsible for managing/assisting with various compensation programs such as merit administration, bonus programs and base pay administration. This position also requires assisting other departments by providing support and council for client issues, assisting in the hiring process, supporting annual reward programs, and developing/modifying new HR policies and practices.
* Assist with the design and implementation of the Company's total compensation programs.
* Performs complex compensation research and analysis by gathering and interpreting data
* Responsible for participation in annual Salary Surveys, analyzing trends and gathering current market data information.
* Evaluate market data to recommend modifications and/or changes to salary structure.
* Conduct statistical analysis, data modeling and costing of pay programs.
* Provide analytical support for compensation initiatives.
* Analyze changes in salaries or salary grades that deviate from the Company's compensation philosophy.
* Management of merit administration including the development of communications, database management, and data modeling.
* Creates and conducts training presentations.
* Administer and manage non-executive incentive plans.
* Provide project management support for many compensation initiatives to include job evaluation.
* Collaborate with HR Managers and Managers to create or update career ladders, specifications, etc.
* Review compensation actions to ensure compliance with established guidelines.
* Review salary information stored in payroll system and other databases.
* Influence HR business partners and Business Leaders during the annual merit process.
* Assist with modifying/designing new HR policies and practices as they apply to Compensation.
* Assist HR Managers in reviewing job descriptions and providing recommended changes, if applicable
Other Essential Duties
* Partner with the HR Manager/Generalist to provide support and council for client issues.
* Work with staffing and business clients to assist in hiring/retention/development of employees.
* Partner with Payroll to process bonus, merits, and any additional compensation related inquiries.
* Collaborate with HRIS to ensure the integrity of employee and job data within the HRIS system.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
* Stress Tolerance
* Decision Making
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Familiar with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedures
* Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint - Access a plus
* Must be able to utilize online salary databases such as O*NET OnLine
* Knowledge of HRMS Systems
* Experience using statistical methods to analyze data
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Collaborative project management skills
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to develop complex compensation analysis
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent critical thinking skills
* Ability to perform complex problem solving
* Good decision making skills
* Must be able to multitask efficiently
* BA/BS in Business or Human Resources
* 5-7 years of HR Compensation experience
* MA in Human Resources; MBA or CCP strongly preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please