Senior Computer Scientist IV - Task 77
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
GeneLab is a jointly sponsored project by the International Space Station Research Integration Office (ISSRIO) at the Johnson Space Center (JSC) and the Human Exploration and Operation Mission Directorate s (HEOMD) Space Life and Physical Sciences Division (SLPSD). It is designed to conduct space bioscience experiments, produce omics (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.) data, and leverage the value of large omics data made available from molecular networks and translational research experiments conducted onboard the ISS and other flight opportunities. The GeneLab project is both a science collaboration initiative to maximize the omics data collected from spaceflight and from ground simulations of microgravity and radiation experiments; and a data system effort to establish a public bioinformatics repository and collaborative analysis software platform.
The goal of this project is to build a software platform for researchers to access and use NASA data as "Open Data, Open Science", the software platform will serve as a service that makes these data sets available, citable, discoverable, interpretable, reusable, and reproducible. The software engineer in expected to be a part of on-going development efforts as well as support operations on existing software platform. The candidate is expected to comply with standard software development practices.
You are submitting your information for consideration to a position that is currently available under the Intelligent Systems Research & Development Services 2 (ISRDS-2) program at Ames Research Center, CA. If selected, your employment offer may be with SGT or one of our teammates on the contract.
1. A degree in Bioinformatics.
2. Experience with Database Systems, Relational and NoSQL
3. Data Interchange Formats: XML, JSON
5. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
6. Detail-oriented pro-active working style
7. Capable of both self-directed independent work and participation in inter-disciplinary teams
5. Experience using Standard Biocomputational Tools
Other Desired Skills -
Familiarity with the following:
1. Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and RESTful web services.
2. Knowledge on omics data standards.
3. Bioinformatics systems like NIH GEO or EBI PRIDE systems.
4. Full-text search engines (e.g., Elastic search, Lucene, Solr)
5. Bioinformatics Open Source Platforms (e.g., GenomeSpace, CyVerse, KBase, etc.)
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.