Senior Construction Estimator 9/2/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _THE ORGANIZATION_
Focus Construction specializes in the construction and renovation of hospitality, residential, and mixed-use properties in major markets throughout the U.S. The Focus team is composed of dedicated professionals providing creative, innovative, and quality solutions for all of our projects. Focus Construction is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
The Senior Construction Estimator must be capable of producing cost estimates & project budgets from the conceptual phase through design development including participation in project buy-out. This individual must fully understand construction processes, labor and materials to effectively manage the responsibilities of coordinating with mechanical and electrical professionals to formulate estimates, read and interpret plans and specifications, compile detailed scopes of work, and analyze subcontractor & materials vendors pricing.
* Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects, project managers and engineers when necessary
* Assist the project management team in soliciting and comparatively analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required. Develops unit costs accurately. Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required
* Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload
* Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all project documents
* Develops and analyzes value engineering & management analysis options
* Proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software.
* Must have the ability to manage multiple leading large bids.
* Minimum of 5 + years of preconstruction, estimating and/or operations experience on commercial construction projects
* Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities
* Competitive and consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals with the ability to communicate effectively and quickly with Superintendents, Project Managers and others
* Ability to work with urgency and accuracy - sometimes working with tight deadlines while remaining flexible to change under pressure
* Strong proficiency with Estimating Software and Microsoft Office Applications