Senior Construction Manager (Education)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
San Bernardino, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to the Area Manager and provides the planning, coordination and direction for construction management activities. Duties include ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the design fits the requirements for the contract. May supervise field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers, Craft/Trade labor, Assistant Construction Managers, and other project staff as assigned. This position will support construction in the Education Sector. Responsible for client interface, scope, schedule, and budget tasks as senior leadership in the field on project(s) for local school district(s).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Providing construction management services on a (DSA) Higher Education / Community College project
* Strong knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
* Responsible for onsite quality assurance of contractor work
* Coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
* Manage project controls, cost, schedule, performance activities, and procedures required by the client
* Conduct project meetings and provide documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
* Ensure contractor, architect, and engineer will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Provide management of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
* Ensure project closeout to obtain guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for final project delivery to the owner
* Perform other duties as required to ensure project success
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or equivalent required
* 10 or more years of experience with DSA / public projects in California, specifically with Higher Education, Community College, or K-12 projects is required
* Proficiency with various document control systems, single and multi-prime delivery, as well as new construction and modernization of K-12 schools is required
* Experience with the Design Phase in the Education sector highly preferred
* Experience with large projects is highly desired (entire school builds or multi-campus / simultaneous build programs)
* Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices are required
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related systems such as Prolog, Sure Track, and Primavera are required
* Registration as Architect or Professional Engineer license is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
We Participate in E-Verify