Senior Construction Manager (Irvine or Ontario)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
JOB DESCRIPTIONERM is seeking a mid-level Senior Construction Manager to join our top-ranked global environmental consulting firm in Irvine or Ontario, CA. As part of a growing and diverse local office, you will work on complex site, remediation and environmental construction projects at a variety of oil & gas, industrial manufacturing, and power plant sites across North America. In this role, you will be part of the project delivery team focused on sites with emphasis on demolition, decontamination and decommissioning (DDD).
You will prepare remediation/construction/demolition/decommissioning bid packages and engineering cost estimates, provide oversight of contractors, subcontractors, and construction inspectors, be responsible for safe field implementation of field work, and direct the progress of work.
This is an excellent opportunity for an environmental/construction professional looking to contribute technically to challenging contaminated site management projects as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
• Manage the design of remediation construction projects, prepare remediation/construction bid packages and engineering cost estimates, provide oversight of contractors, subcontractors, and construction inspectors, and direct the progress of work.
• Plan and execute remediation and DDD construction projects, including design and constructability reviews, preparation of opinions of probable cost, pre-construction conferences, supervision and direct field staff management, client and progress meetings, subcontractor management, work progress and schedule management, on-site coordination, health and safety audits, and problem exposure, risk reduction and resolution meetings.
• Review contractor submittals, including but not limited to, Requests for Information, contract clarifications, contract-required submittals, change order requests, and other documents related to compliance with project specifications.
• Provide construction management, construction quality assurance, and on-site health and safety support on medium- to large-scale construction projects involving civil works, site development/restoration, earthwork operations, remedial systems, land disposal facilities, and related environmental projects.
• Serve as Field Safety Officer on assigned site investigation, remediation, and decommissioning/decontamination/demolition environmental construction projects to develop and implement site-specific Health & Safety Plans, including monitoring conformance with safety and emergency procedures, conducting daily safety briefings with the project field team, oversight of Contractor safety issues, and maintaining site safety records.
• Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from the inspection process or from contract administration.
• Plan and schedule on-site full- and part-time staff, evaluate subcontractor performance and schedules, and negotiate and resolve change order requests.
• Provide liaison between field activities and in-house Project Manager, assume prime responsibility in assuring completion of projects in the field in conformance with project plans and specifications, and assure that clarifications and interpretations required for proper execution of the contract are implemented.
• Interface with in-house Project Managers to identify and track upcoming construction management requirements, meet with clients to identify upcoming work, and assist in business development activities, including preparation of proposals, interviews, and project contracting.
• BS Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
• 8 to 15 years of experience in environmental engineering and construction management consulting.
• Experienced with construction sites (DDD preferred) and management of the preparation of work plans, field efforts and report writing. Proficient in contracting and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors.
• Strong commitment to safety, including implementing strict Health and Safety protocols.
• Ability to estimate, process and track project costs, transmittals, submittals and invoices. Working knowledge of cost estimating tools.
• Ability to provide excellent project delivery and client service, quality on project deliverables; excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience implementing strict Health and Safety protocols. OSHA 40-hour training required.
• Ability to organize and coordinate field personnel, subcontractors and vendors.
• Willing to travel and temporarily relocate to field assignments throughout the United States.
To apply, please follow the link below:
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past three years we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world, in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. These sectors face critical sustainability challenges. Our clients in these sectors and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them to improve sustainability, which fosters a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance