Senior Construction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to Project Director, Sr. Project Manager, or assigned project leadership. Provides the overall planning, coordination and direction for construction management activities on projects to ensure they are on time, budget, schedule, cost, and project performance to ensure the requirements for the contract. Maintains management and project facilitation for the successful completion per compliance, contractual, owner and Vanir requirements. May supervise field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers, Craft/Trades, and Assistant Construction Managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Strong knowledge of construction, demolition, contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
* Ability to organize and administer the construction management of construction projects with full scope capability for steps from preconstruction to final punch list
* Obtain, maintain, and manage data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project related entities
* Administer the coordination, direction and monitoring activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects and related performing entities
* Manage and administer project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures
* Lead in project meetings to include organization, documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses
* Ensure contractor, architect, engineer, and provider contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Provide oversight management of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
* Ensure successful project closeout to secure guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for final project delivery to owner entities
* Provide all services and objectives for the application of Vanir s quality services
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study. 9+ years of experience in management of construction, demolition, engineering or architectural related projects.
* Or, Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management. 11+ years of experience in management of construction, demolition, engineering, or equivalent technical projects.
* Registration as Architect, Engineer, and/or GC license is preferred
* Certification as a CCM is strongly preferred. For those lacking CCM Certification, an understanding to work towards completing CCM Certification.
* Must possess advanced level knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications and practices thorough understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications
* Administrator experience in the areas of project accounting, cost, administrative, and personnel interaction in professional settings
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related systems such as Prolog, Sure Track, and Primavera
* Experience with over-all construction management on complex projects from preconstruction through final punch-list and delivery
* Ability to represent Vanir and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
We Participate in E-Verify