Senior Consultant - Data Extraction 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Consultant, Data Acquisition works within Ryan s Tax Recovery Group and obtains, reconciles, analyzes and prepares data for use in performing sales tax consulting engagements with emphasis on preparing eReviews for the service delivery teams quickly and efficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Contacts clients to assist in complicated topics and provides any required assistance in retrieving data from their systems.
* Assists in the acquisition, extraction, and transfer of client data.
* Analyzes data from client accounting systems to verify application and completeness.
* Manipulates data using Microsoft Access, SQL, Monarch and proprietary software.
* Assists clients and Ryan consultants in data analysis and manipulation.
* Assists in developing, testing, and working with programmer(s) for improvements to proprietary software.
* Assists with the installation of data extraction tools such as the Ryan SAP Data Extraction Application.
* Travels to client sites to assist client in gathering additional data and other necessary documentation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A College Diploma or a post secondary degree in Finance, Information Systems or Computer Sciences is required. Also, exposure to accounting and ERP systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, AS400 systems, Great Plains and Accpac are a definite asset. The candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, is enthusiastic, positive, and willing to learn. Accounting experience not required but is an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook, SQL and internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities..