Senior Consultant, EAB Strategic Research
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
The Advisory Board Company
Senior Consultant, EAB Strategic Research
Research & Writing
Share | |Email this job
EAB Strategic Research
The Advisory Board
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Education Advisory Board is the firm s higher education practice, with membership programs serving Chief Academic Officers, Chief Business Officers, Student Affairs Executives and Community College Presidents at institutions in the United States, Canada and the U.K. Our research focuses on the university s most pressing quality and productivity issues, performing rigorous root cause analysis and conducting hundreds of interviews with thought leaders to identify effective best practices that are shared with the membership through a series of national roundtable meetings, on-site workshops, webinars and publications.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington D.C.
Study cycles, from conception to completion, range from four to six months for smaller studies to approximately nine months for the largest, most complex studies. Consultants work to develop annual research agendas that address the major strategic, management and operational issues facing higher education today, and are responsible for executing against those agendas across the year. Consultants assume an integral role in moving the substance of major research studies forward and provide intellectual leadership within teams. Consultants provide analytical direction and guidance throughout all stages of the development process, working through extensive primary and secondary research, hypothesis generation and testing, rigorous analysis of findings and the final presentation of ideas.
Key skills developed in the Consultant role include the following:
- Strategic and root cause analysis
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Hypothesis generation
- Ability to formulate and defend original points of view
- Synthesis of complex ideas
- Persuasive writing
- Effective use of graphics and visuals to communicate ideas and information
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in higher education
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Advanced degree in the liberal arts, sciences, or professions (MA, PhD, JD, MBA)
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role
ABOUT THE EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD:
EAB, a division of the Advisory Board Company is a high-growth research, consulting, and technology services group serving a network of hundreds of college and university members in the U.S., Canada and Europe. The higher education division launched in 2007 is one of the company s fastest growing businesses, with memberships and revenues increasing year over year. We provide provosts, deans, chief business officers, and other senior university leaders with best practice insights, data analytics platforms, and consulting services to drive transformational outcomes. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the overall company is a global technology and services firm, with more than 3,000 employees.
We are a workplace that
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.