This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/4/2017
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR CONSULTANT
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands. Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded. If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong. JOB/POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Consultant includes managing, planning and delivering Consulting Services projects. These projects may range in size from small-to-medium sized stand-alone projects or components of a much larger data transformation project encompassing multiple enterprise data centers. The Senior Consultant will serve as a trusted advisor to Datalink clients. The Senior Consultant will assess current data structure and data elements and architect and design data storage and data migration upgrades, enhancements, platform consolidations, and platform migrations for enterprise customers
* Manage small engagements or a portion of an engagement.
* Provide leadership expertize and support across Consulting Services
* Oversees full scope of consulting engagement activities leading to the production of engagement deliverables.
* Develops or directs in the preparation of final deliverables.
* Establishes credibility with the customer. Interfaces with customers in a professional manner with emphasis on building customer relationships.
* Contributes intellectual capital to engagements.
* In project setting manage, develop, and motivate high performance teams; foster collaboration among team members, and develop mentoring skills and build relationships
* Sets priorities appropriately. Ensures that work products are delivered in a timely manner and of the highest quality.
* Follow internal methodology and processes, and generate new perspectives and frameworks that allow problems to be solved
* Interacts with other Datalink organizations as necessary during engagement related tasks.
* Leads and Assists with development of new practice related materials
* Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION (WORKING ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, TRAVEL, OFFICE VS. FIELD)
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science/Technology or related field. 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 5+ years experience in technical/IT Consulting
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) level experience in data migration planning and technologies.
* Technical experience in broad scope (ex. Data migration, SAN/NAS, network technologies, VMWare, Cisco, backup and archiving)
* Ability to travel up to 70%
* Able to travel as needed, up to 70% some weeks.
* Stand or Sit (Stationary Position) must be able to remain in a stationary position 75 percent of the time.
* Walk (Move, Traverse) occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, attend meetings, etc.
* Use hands/fingers (Operate, activate equipment) constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, computer printer.
* Talk/Hear (communicate, written/verbal) frequently communicates with other peers, management, clients and auditors regarding internal controls. Must be able to exchange clear, accurate information in these situations.
* See (Perceive, identify, inspect, estimate) must be able to assess errors, identify deficiencies, and work with processes to remediate any weaknesses.
* Lift/Carry (Move, Install, Remove) minimal lifting of daily office equipment or supplies up to 25 pounds copier paper, files, etc.
. Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.