Senior Consultant, Income Tax Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The INCOME TAX COMPLIANCE SENIOR CONSULTANT ( Senior Consultant ) works with a team to provide income tax compliance services to corporate and partnership clients. The Senior Consultant prepares original and amended federal and state income tax returns, identifies tax issues and provides tax analysis for a wide variety of entities and their affiliates. The Senior Consultant works closely with other team members and also must be able to work independently when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists Manager in developing project workplans and scheduling associated project deliverables
* Works effectively in a complex, deadline-driven environment
* Prepares and files original and/or amended federal and state corporate and partnership income tax returns
* Responds to client inquiries and requests from state agencies
* Travels to client locations to gather information and copy documents
* Reviews documentation and researches federal and state tax return issues
* Works with raw data to complete calculations and tax returns
* Works well in a collaborative and teaming environment
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
* Minimum 2-4 years of tax professional services experience
* Basic understanding of federal and state income tax
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Intermediate knowledge of GOSYSTEMS Tax RS software, ONESOURCE software, and/or Corptax software is highly preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.