Senior Consultant - International Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe International Income Tax Senior Consultant ( Senior Consultant ) is responsible for preparation and review of international tax planning documents and presentations, researching tax issues, responding to client requests, reviewing certain international tax compliance, and other special tax projects. This includes performing and supervising such tasks as researching tax law, documenting planning ideas, and completing detailed models and calculations. This is a unique opportunity to be exposed to many different areas of international income tax and gain experience in both compliance and consulting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists Manager in preparing client presentations for proposals, planning strategies, and ideas.
* Prepares detailed models and spreadsheets to reflect proposed tax planning and expected costs and benefits.
* Assists Manager in developing project work plans and scheduling associated project deliverables.
* Supervises the preparation of international tax forms and other compliance projects.
* Demonstrates ability to understand the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations for various tax issues; training provided.
* Responds to client requests and corresponds with clients to meet deliverables.
* Performs Internet research and technical writing to support tax positions.
* Travels to client locations to review, gather, and copy tax returns, financial statements, work papers, tax studies, and other documentation to use in compliance and consulting services.
* Works with Transfer Pricing colleagues on all aspects of Transfer Pricing reports.
* Prepares and reviews memoranda, and processes documentation and relevant reports for management s review.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance and two to four years tax-related experience. Must have excellent organization and time management skills, strong communication skills, and willingness to learn and be a team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have beginner s knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Valid driver s license required.
Requires limited supervisory responsibilities, including training peers and checking work for accuracy and completeness..