Senior Consultant 9/17/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR CONSULTANT, DATA & STORAGE MIGRATION, DATA CENTER TRANSFORMATIOn
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands. Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded. If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
The Senior Consultant will serve as a Principal Architect for data storage and data migration projects. These projects may range in size from small to medium sized stand- alone projects or components of a much larger data transformation project encompassing multiple enterprise data centers. The Senior Consultant will serve as a trusted advisor to Datalink clients. The incumbent will assess current data structure and data elements and architect and design data storage and data migration upgrades, enhancements, platform consolidations, and platform migrations for enterprise customers.
* Design technical and business architectures, as needed
* Perform data storage implementations and validations and platform- to -platform data migrations
* Lead and assist with development of new practice related materials
* Manage project engagements or a portions of larger enterprise engagements
* Oversee the full scope of consulting engagement activities leading to the production of engagement deliverables
* Develop and/or direct activities and personnel in the preparation of final deliverables
* Establish credibility with the customer interfaces with customers with an emphasis on building customer relationship
* Contribute intellectual capital to engagements
* Sets priorities appropriately ensure that work products are delivered in a timely manner and of the highest quality
* Interact with other Datalink organizations, as necessary, during engagement related tasks
* Maintain project plans and communication plans
* Support day to day project delivery activities
* Perform all other duties, as assigned
* Adhere to Datalink s Core Values
* This position may include travel up to seventy (70%) percent
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate deep expertise in several of the following areas:
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science/Technology or related field. ( 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
* 3+ years of data storage architecture and/or data migration experience and possess Subject Matter Expert (SME) level experience in data migration planning and technologies.
* Data Migration processes (replication, de duplication, etc.)
* RAID storage products
* SAN Fibre architecture
* UNIX (Solaris, AIX, Linux)
* Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
* Cisco Prime DCNM, Cisco DCNM, Cisco Nexus
* Familiarity with networking technologies
* Experience working with SAN and/or NAS NetApp, EMC, HDS, Dell
* Backup and Archiving Symantec (NBU/EV & FSA), CommVault, SounceOne, etc.
* Ability to perform all other duties, as assigned
* Must be able to adhere to Datalink s Core Values
* Ability to travel seventy (70%) percent is also required
Primary Skills: (Storage Architecture, Data Migration Architecture, Virtualization, VMware, Cisco)
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check. Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.